13 Feb 2010

Gowran Park and Navan previews


At Gowran Park today I fancy Noble Prince in the grade 2 Red Mills Trial hurdle. This horse has lots of class being by Montjeu and is a strong traveller. His trainer Paul Nolan is on record saying he is best kept fresh so as he hasn't run since Leopardstown at Christmas and therefore should be ready to fire. His last run was over three miles where I don't believe he quite stayed or perhaps went for home a little too early. It is two miles today so hopefully he has the pace for it. There is strong opposition, however, in the shape of Jumbo Rio, Muirhead and Luska Lad but that should enable Noble Prince to go off at a value price. I reckon Jumbo Rio is the biggest danger as I suspect that Muirhead is slightly regressive and Luska lad not quite good enough. As for Navan on Sunday Mourad is my nap. This horse needs a fast pace and should get it with War of Attrition and Ebadiyan likely front runners. Therefore I can see Ruby arriving at the last and going clear up the hill. I expect Ruby and Willie Mullins to have a good day at Navan as they have a host of horses with serious chances. Osana should also be hard to beat at Navan. It will be interesting to see how Denman gets on with AP on board at Newbury. Finally on snooker it was crazy to hear Stephen Lee was arrested on suspicion of cheating. I thought he was arrested for eating too many pukka pies!

1 comment:

  1. Noble Prince certainly ran a decent race and Muirhead seems fairly regressive alright!

    ReplyDelete